What type of coverage can we help you with?

Frequently Asked Questions

Below are some of our frequently asked questions. If you have any other questions or concerns, please feel free to contact us via the web, or come and visit us at a location near you.

1. Should I purchase the insurance offered by the rental car companies?

a. We recommend purchasing the Loss Damage Waiver. If you have Comprehensive and Collision coverage on at least one of your personal autos, it will pay for damages to rented autos. However, you will be responsible for paying the deductible, dealing with the rental car company and paying for “Down Time”. Down Time is defined as the time a rental car is out of service while being repaired. Please ask us for all the detail on car rentals and your insurance.

2. My basement flooded due to a heavy rain. Am I covered?

a. You are only covered if you have Flood Insurance. The Homeowners policy specifically excludes losses due to water entering through windows or walls. Ask us how we can protect you from backup of water through floor drains or failure of sump pumps.

3. Can I put a vehicle titled to someone else (child, significant other) on my personal auto policy?

a. Generally speaking, most insurance companies will only allow you to insure a vehicle for which you have an “insurable interest”. If someone else owns a vehicle, you do not have an insurable interest in it. Sometimes, there are ways around this. Ask us how we can insure a vehicle titled to your child on your personal auto policy.

4. What is the advantage to working with an independent insurance agency?

a. Bill Lawrence, President of P/L/R Insurance answers this question during a feature interview on a Financial Focus episode.  Watch the video below.


Our Customer Feedback

Our latest blogs

  • Carrier
  • Carrier
  • Carrier
  • Carrier
  • Carrier
  • Carrier
© Copyright. All rights reserved. Powered by Insurance Website Builder